Vivo leads postpaid growth in Brazil
By Eduardo Tude
Vivo is leading postpaid segment in Brazil holding 15 million accesses in Aug/11 and is increasing its market share.
The company leads postpaid segment in 15 of the 27 states (which includes Brasília), losing the first position inside the states of Paraná, Santa Catarina, Brasilia, Tocantins, Rondônia and Maranhão and in 6 northeast states, where it started to operate recently.
Leaders in postpaid segment in each State
The fact that Vivo was formed mainly by operators in Band A (the first ones to break into the market) almost explains its leading position in market share. Doesn’t explains, however, its leadership in net adds inside this segment.
Since 2009, Vivo has about 50% of the postpaid net adds in Brazil.
In 2011, Vivo’s net adds counted 2.4 million postpaid mobile accesses.
3G, coverage and quality were the subjects that have driven Vivo to lead growth in this segment:
- Vivo is the leader in 3G coverage, reaching 1,506 cities against 473 owned by the Claro (that is in the 2n position). The carrier also operates GSM in more cities than the other operators (3,678 cities).
- Vivo keeps a high index of accomplishment of Anatel’s quality targets (superior to 99%), presents a low index of complaints in comparison with the others and the best performance in solving this complaints (IDA).
You could ask:
- Until when will Vivo continue to lead postpaid growth? Which company can threaten this leadership?
- Why TIM doesn’t have, in postpaid, the same success that is getting in prepaid?
- How the beginning of Nextel’s 3G operation can change this scenario?
Send us your commentary!
Click on: email@example.com
Please let us know if you authorize the publication of your commentary.
Note: The opinions expressed in the published articles in this section are their authors' responsibility.